Tuesday 22 April 2014

Jaegor's Awakening

This gives a little bit of a jump forward as to what will appear in my future lists for anyone who's read the Space Wolf codex, short and sweet little excerpt just to move the story along a little later on

A few hours passed and the surviving wolves moved on from the site of the battle. Before doing so, they set the creatures’ corpses alight to ensure that any others would be unable to track their scent, they moved on swiftly to avoid detection. Yet one body still stirred amongst the corpses of the wolves, arising from unconsciousness, somewhat groggily the wolf shook himself. Looking all around he could only see broken bodies, of his brothers and the creatures he knew to be his enemies. The very sight of this awoke something feral and ferocious within the marine, his fists shaking with fury, his fangs grinding. Then he stopped, glancing to his fallen chain sword, he reached over to it picking it up, thumbing the activation switch a small grin drawing across his lips as it roared to life once more. Looking up at the sky he threw back his head, and howled at the sky.
“My name is Jaegor, I am a son of Russ and a warrior of the emperor’s chosen! I swear on this day I shall avenge my fallen pack, I shall avenge them or I shall die trying!”

No comments:

Post a Comment