Sunday 10 August 2014

Mustering of Middenheim


Hi guys, apologies it has been a long time between posts once again. Since last the post the 40k tale has ended, due to most of us running out of will to keep on unfortunately. However, this does mean I will soon be putting up the final fluff entries to tie up the storyline of Ferrus' battles on Orpheous. Meanwhile I have been doing some delving into other systems and trying to reignite my enthusiasm in the hobby, as I've got to say the speed at which Game Workshop keep churning out release has taken it's toll lately. So recently I took a look at a game system called Infinity, by a company call Corvus Beli, I've yet to play a game, but having seen the models (which are incredibly nice) I can only urge anyone who hasn't already, go look up the website and give it a shot. It's a skirmish game so it's relatively fast pace from what I've been told, also there's no sitting doing nothing while your opponent takes his turn as the players take turn as active and reactive (meaning while the active player moves models the reactive player can act in response to these actions).

Also as the title suggests I've been delving into Warhammer Fantasy Battles, starting up an Empire Middenheim army. Starting at 1000 points it goes something like this:




Battle Wizard Lord - Lore of Life (165) - Lvl 4 Wizard (35) - 200pts

Witch Hunter - 50pts






20 Halberdiers + Full Command (30) = 150pts



20 Swordsmen (140) + Full Command (30) = 170pts



20 Swordsmen (140) + Full Command (30) = 170pts



20 Crossbowmen = 180pts

 10 Huntsmen = 80pts


Placing the restrictions of running a fluffy middenheim army I intend to use no/little black powder in the army, so no hand gunners, pistoliers, outriders etc, may add a cannon or two in there though :P
Having played the army once against Orcs and goblins, I found the army quite enjoyable, specially when pulling spell six on the Life table and killing a third of a unit in one shot. I'm looking to expand the army to 3,000 points and I'll try to keep putting updates on here as well, as and when I find the time :).

Hopefully the next updates won't be too long off, but till then happy hobbying everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment